The program is being implemented in the following four (4) provinces:: -Panamá -Colón -Chiriquí -Veraguas
Through the implementation of this direct action program, 3,600 children and adolescents have benefited from a student stipend or scholarship to give up work and re-enter the education system.
At the same time, fathers, mothers, and/or those with responsibility for children and adolescents become indirect beneficiaries, receiving job training for subsequent job placement by the Public Employment Service (SERPE) implemented by MITRADEL through the General Employment Office.
Since 2008, the direct action programs described below are also being implemented in the context of ending child labor, with ILO-IPEC sponsorship.
• A direct rural action program to be implemented in the Nole Duima Muna districts, Nogbe Bugle region. Six hundred working children aged 6 to 16 will be served.
• A direct action program to help end child labor in Santiago (cabecera) district, Veraguas province, is benefiting 613 working children and adolescents aged 5 to 17, and 350 parents.
• Project on preventing child labor among Kuna children and adolescents working in diving and fishing, in the Ukupseni community, Kuna Yala region. One hundred Kuna children aged 14, 50 Kuna adolescents aged 14 to 17, and 50 parents (25 men and 25 women) will benefit from National Institute for Training and Instruction for Human Development (INADEH) technical training for the organization, sale, and enhancement of their products.
• Program on strategies to end high-risk child labor in the Panama Oeste area. Three hundred child and adolescent Chorrera District farm workers, aged 5 to 17, and at least 100 families will benefit with self-management projects.
To contribute to preventing and ending child labor.
1. To provide comprehensive care to children and adolescents by means of a network of services addressing the needs of the working child population.
2. To provide fathers, mothers, or those with responsibility for children with skills for productive activities and income generation.
Provincial or subnational