Describe the program's most important achievements and lessons learned:
• Many students are able to continue their education as a result of the funds received from the program.
• The Department of Labour was able to assist in securing employment as a result of contacts made through interviews by potential employers of these students.
• Planning is essential in achieving the programs goals and objectives.
• In order for individuals to increase their knowledge and productivity, they must be willing to spend quality time in preparation to achieve their goals as well as the program’s.
• Equipping students with the necessary skills that will assist them in obtaining gainful employment.
Describe the challenges of the program:
• Better monitoring system for the students
• A more structure way of identifying, selecting and recruiting students for the program.
Specify if the program has any internal and external evaluations, if applicable, include key findings:
Internal: A need for more collaborative effort from staff.
External: -Students who have completed the program have been exposed to in depth research.
-A more improved way of recruiting students; i.e. screening, and selecting process