Describe the program's most important achievements and lessons learned:
The creation and strengthening of employment offices has been going on for more than 3 years. In this short period of time, the principal achievements are:
• Creation of 174 Municipal Employment Offices that integrate the Employment Services Network nationwide.
• Homogenization of management processes and instruments in the Employment Services that have received resources from the Ministry.
• Employment Offices have been provided with technical assistance and follow-up in their continuous improvement processes for which activities suitable to the local offices and context are developed.
• The premises have a municipal base, this is the governmental level closest to the people, the territory and employment opportunities and this has permitted the rapprochement of the administration to the beneficiaries and the establishment of a more direct connection encompassing the local priorities, concerns and opportunities.
Even though this is a relatively recent implementation experience, some lessons learned can be synthesized:
• First and foremost, the strong commitment of the territorial actors to face employment issues and to provide quality service to job-seekers and to those who strive for production and national growth.
• Secondly, it is important to emphasize that despite the heterogeneity and diversity of the territories and their actors, there is a need to establish quality standards for the Employment Offices. In this sense, in the framework of the Employment Quality Program and the FP, a technical team integrated by professionals from the Employment Secretariat, the International Labor Organization, Italia Lavoro (Support Program for the Recovery of Employment in Argentina) and the IRAM was formed to formulate and validate referrals and performance norms for the Employment Offices participating in the programs promoted and financed by the Ministry of Labor.
• Thirdly, it is a priority of the Ministry of Labor to strengthen public institutions established in the different territories by ensuring that they provide quality service in the intermediation processes between people and available jobs. The institutional axe is constituted by the Municipal Employment Offices who articulate with the local employment development programs, professional formation institutions, and the actors of production and labor. We have proven that the necessary conditions to successfully implement this public policy are supported by the strengthening of institutional capacities, both in the public and private sector and the provision of quality tools that favor synergy between local and regional productive frameworks.
Describe the challenges of the program:
Aspects of the program to be improved
In order to facilitate the visibility and positioning of the Employment Office within its sphere of influence it is necessary to strengthen its relation to the socio-productive context aiming to relate and articulate the Employment Office to the specific territorial characteristics and requirements. It is essential that the Offices have the necessary conditions to position itself in its socio-productive context.
Likewise, it is essential to plan actions at a local level to relate more closely to the employer sector, which is an indispensable ally necessary to fulfill the objectives of the Employment Offices. It is therefore, deemed necessary to design an appropriate communication and diffusion strategy to call upon businesses that might use these services.
Specify if the program has any internal and external evaluations, if applicable, include key findings: