Third RIAL Workshop on "Occupational Health and Safety"
- Identify lessons learned and define follow-up actions on the main subjects currently concerning the health and safety of workers; the characteristics of prevention and risk-control schemes, health promotion at work and HIV/AIDS treatment in the work place.
- Follow-up on the mandates of the IV Summit of the Americas and the XV Inter-American Conference of Ministers of Labor (IACML) regarding occupational health and safety as well as the conclusions of the first two hemispheric workshops on the subject matter.
This Workshop was part of the IACML Calendar of Activities for 2008-2009, and it was jointly organized by the Ministry of Labor and Employment of Peru and the Organization of American States (OAS), in partnership with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and International Labor Organization (ILO). It was funded by the Government of Canada, through the contribution it has provided to the RIAL.
- Officers from the Ministries of Labour of the 34 OAS Member States responsible for occupational health and safety issues.
- Representatives from COSATE and CEATAL.
- Representatives from international organizations, experts, research centers, centers collaborating with occupational health and safety, among others.
Panel 1 - Promotion of safety and health in the workplace and worker protection: guaranteeing decent work
The social responsibility and commitment of employers and workers to OHS
Panel 2 - Expansion and strengthening of schemes to prevent and control occupational hazards
Panel 3 - HIV/AIDS in the workplace
Presentation of summary of discussions and lessons learned
Final comments on the conclusions and ideas on how to move forward this topic:
Closing Remarks - Minister Jorge Villasante, Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion of Peru
Documents provided by participants
This is a space to share documents relevant to the topic of Occupational Health and Safety which have been sent by the participants of the Workshop. We invite you to send us any relevant information to email@example.com