Labour Migration and Labour Market Information Systems
- To exchange best practices from across the hemisphere on the development of Labour Market Information systems.
- To assess the impact of migration on sending and receiving countries in the context of the global economic crisis.
- Gain a broader understanding of the dynamic between labour mobility, migration and labour markets by sharing perspectives among employer representatives, worker representatives, national governments, multilateral institutions and academics.
This Workshop was part of the IACML Calendar of Activities for 2008-2009, and it was jointly organized by the Ministry of Human Resources and Skills Development of Canada and the Organization of American States (OAS). It was funded by the Government of Canada, through the contribution it has provided to the RIAL.
|Agenda (French)||507 KB|
|List of Participants||197.4 KB|
|Registration Form||209.38 KB|
|Information Bulletin||276.22 KB|
|Information Bulletin (French)||283.49 KB|
|Summary of the workshop: Main ideas and lessons learned||458.1 KB|
|Summary of the workshop: Main ideas and lessons learned (French)||487.15 KB|
- Officers from the Ministries of Labour of the 34 OAS Member States responsible for labour migration / labor market information issues.
- Representatives from COSATE and CEATAL.
- Representatives from ILO, IOM and other relevant international organizations, as well as experts in the field.
Panel 1 - The global economy and labour markets in the Americas
Panel 2 - Labour market information in the Americas
Panel 3 - Labour Market Information in Canada: tools for analysis and forecasting
Panel 4 - The challenges of managing migration and mobility
Summary of discussions and lessons learned